• Advertisement

Oregon Law

Oregon Law

Postby admin » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:32 pm

We live in the state of Oregon and this issue regards taking a minor child out of state.In the divorce papers, it states the parent must give the courts & other parent 30 days notice, we have found out "she" is taking the child this Sunday to California, this wouldn't be so bad, but "she" has a serious drug problem and doesn't seem to be able to get the child to school ect. We want the child to be in a safe place and just be able to be a child.We are going to file a motion with courts on Monday and keep the child till the court decides where the best place for minor child is, if anyone has any other information please e-mail me asap thanks~
admin
Site Admin

Advertisement

If you know when the child will be leaving the state then call the cops to stop her from leaving. Just show the cops the court papers and they should not allow the child to go out of state. What is your relationship with the child? If you are a parent, you should be able to have a say. It would be harder if you are more distant.
admin
Site Admin

How do you find who has the power in the in the court of appeals in a divorce where every thing was made even there is no children but the person who has worked her whole marriage now says she needs 1700.oo a month she says she will never let this man live. the people who worked for her said she made one hundred and eighty thousnd dollars a year most all of it was sent to her family in cal. and there is no record of anything in her name it is all in her mother's name.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:33 pm

Is there any recourse if a Grand Jury does not find enough evidence to indite a child abuser and you think that it is a miscarriage of the justice system?
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:33 pm

Our son bought a horse from close friends 6 months ago now they are taking us to court to get them back and we have no bill of sale .Does anyone know about restrictions on minors buying animals? Any info gladly accepted!
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:34 pm

My husband and I are divorcing after the holidays, we have two children, he is in the military and hardly ever home. I have a job opportunity in Oklahoma City. What are my rights? Can I take the children there if I have a job? He is deployed all of the time, and not able to take care of them the way I can. Ideas?
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:34 pm

JACKSON COUNTY, OREGON - - -

There is a parcel of land (unincorporated, rural, river-front property) that was foreclosed on for non-payment of taxes and the county became an owner in succession.

I sold the parcel of land to the person the county foreclosed on. - - - I had written in covenants, conditions and restrictions (CC&R's) in the deed. - - - These CC&R's addressed the type and number of dwellings and other structures that could be placed on the property by the new owner and his successors. - - - The parcel was and is a legal parcel and all CC&R's were legal as to zoning etc. at the time of their inception and a matter of the public record.

Approx. 30 years had passed since I sold the parcel and when it came up for auction and being aware of the CC&R's, I bought the parcel. - - - Prior to the purchase, nothing was said about the CC&R's. When the county commissioners mailed me the deed some ten days later, the sentence referring to the type of dwelling etc. was left out. - - - At the very least the county withheld a material fact. As all county planning & development depts. everywhere, they think they're omnipotent.

The county, with a cavalier attitude, now says that due to the change in zoning regulations as to minimum lot size etc. I can't build.

MY QUESTION IS: The county, which is a political entity and under the law, a person just like everyone else. Can they as owner in succession, unilaterally delete, modify or change the CC&R's?
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:35 pm

I own two homes directly across the street from each other in Oregon and rented one of them to a couple that had trouble paying their rent on time each month. I tried working with them and finally told them that this wasn't working, and offered what I thought was a more than reasonable solution. Rather than change schools, relocate elsewhere, etc. I offered them the house I lived in at a lesser monthly rate. Reluctantly they agreed and owed rent for March of 2006. Each and every month they have been late on the lesser amt. and have paid nothing on the month that's past due. Finally in Sept. 2006 they decided to move without telling anyone and owing the past due monies + Sept. rent which was due on the 10th.

How long do I have to wait to legally enter the property and recover the money owed?

I have no forwarding address
admin
Site Admin

Return to United States State Law